A fresh Voice for Ward 5
Dear Friends and Neighbours!
Hi! My name is Kim Beatty and I am running for Regional and City Councillor for Ward 5, Oshawa. I bring leadership, a progressive view, business and advocacy experience to this important role. The decisions we make during the next four years will impact what form our municipality will take in the future.
We need a fresh, new voice in Ward 5 to help us thrive. We need better services with more effective transit, and new opportunities that bring good jobs to our community. As your Regional and City Councillor, I would work to ensure all our stakeholders have a part to play in the process.
I’m looking forward to connecting with you during the campaign. I want to hear about your challenges and ideas and how we can work together over the next 4 years.
Let’s do this together!
Vote Kim Beatty on Oct22 2018
Job Creation and Fiscal Responsibility
• Advocate for job creation in key sectors
• Ensuring financial decisions meet the needs of the community
Diversify our Tax Base by:
• Making it easier for Business to locate to Oshawa
• Support local Entrepreneurs to grow
• More efficient transit with access to all community hubs and employment areas
• Increasing access to a walkable, transit friendly ward
• Free transit for kids under 12, without increasing our cost
• Advocate for affordable housing across Oshawa and the Region
• Support a family-friendly waterfront
• Wi-Fi access at Lakeview Park (Smart City goal)
• Clean, safe and accessible parks
• Support Fenced in dog park (already approved for Cordova Park)
Foster Transparency through Engagement
Create a robust structure to encourage community engagement:
• I will commit to 4 community meetings per year so that we can discuss what concerns you.
• I will maintain my Facebook page and website for easy access to information.
• I will maintain a public voting record on all issues important to our community.